Friday, September 17, 2010

faceboooook

Hey.Hi.Hello... you, you and youuu

Before I get to goneandsaidit bizzznasss. I just really wanna quickly talk about something... to be honest
folks ... blogging has become my therapy... and I've never hid a post nor will I ever... cuz then what would be the point? So if you're not interested in my blah blah blah skip down to where I say GONE AND SAID IT!

So I know a bunch of folks get redirected here to Goneandsaidit.blogspot.com through either my personal or the Facebook fanpage. If this is how you get here then I'm sure you've noticed that they both kinda disappeared.

They disappeared because I disabled my personal page. They said I'd be able to access the fanpage... but they lied. =( I'm sorry about that.


I really needed a break from Facebook. I kept finding myself lingering and hoping that my friends would be on... but most of the time they weren't...

The funny and not so funny thing is that I apparently don't exist outside of Facebook haha. So it feels kinda terrible; like you've disappeared and no ones come to look for you...

Ya know, Facebook isn't that only way to get a hold of someone. Admittedly I acknowledge and understand that social networking is probably the most convenient and albeit fastest way to get to people. And it was for that reason (and also that all my friends and family are back in the states) why I had such a hard time on deciding to disable my account.

Since Facebook blew up I've seen others reliance on social networks; becoming addicted to the instant connection and the feeling of never being alone. I think people hate feeling alone and that is what empowers Facebook and the precise reason that makes social networks SO addictive BUT I firmly believe that that type of connection will never replace physical connection... however it sure seems that people are giving it a hell of a try.

I admit that I love the convenience and ease of it all too but I simply refuse to be shackled to it. I've heard that to live happily you need at least 5 hugs a day. I don't think hugging your computer would work. I mean you could but it wouldn't hug you back.

annnnnnyyyyways... enough of this... by the time you read this my FB account will be reactivated... I've come to the decision to do so because no matter how I talk at it the fact of the matter is... Facebook is the a way for people to connect... and my pages are the way people I know keep track of me (ahem even though they can come here and read about it.)

AND I'm also reactivating it NOW becauuuuuse... please don't freak out... (Rita, I'm talking to YOU here...) there is a hurricane (better known as a Typhoon to us Taiwanese folks) headed our way. It will hit us this weekend. I'll be posting updates here and on Facebook that is unless the typhoon has knocked out the power.
I'll be okay folks... it is our typhoon season over here.

GONEandSAIDIT

If you are just joining me then WELCOME!... I'm sorry, I know I've been really focused on the 30-Day Challenge and with the Facebook pages disabled, the news for Gone and Said It has been ... ummm gone... hahahahha

lettseeee whats new???

I just finisehd my second week at MTC. Things in my class are moving SUPER fast. I've already learned so much in just 2 weeks... I'd show you but I have yet to learn how to type in Chinese.

I just got back my first test... I got a 98... yay me.

My family is amazing... but that's not really news =)

I was so happy I've gotten to meet and hang out with all my cousins. They're pretty damn awesome.

This Wednesday (9/22) is the Mid Autumn Moon Festival... SOOOO excited hahahaha.....

the WHOLE fam bam is going to head up to Badu to Ama's house to have a big ol dinner. =) yummo I can't wait... ommmm nom nom nom

I'm not worried at all about the typhoon that's headed this way... (so you shouldn't be either Rita) If it takes the path through the middle of Taiwan, Taipei will be A-Okay! if not... then it will hit us full force... but since it hasn't even gotten to the island yet, lets not worry about it, kay?

I don't think there's anything else to report... but I'm forgetful so if I missed something or you wanna know somethin in particular leave a comment... or email me at goneandsaidit@gmail.com ;)


p.s. this post is dedicated to R ~hugs

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You should never hide what you're feeling because you're just saying what most others feel. I admire you for keeping it real on your Blog. I both Blog and journal and find it extremely theraputic. Just keep on keeping on you're doing an awesome job. You will find in life that it takes two to make ANY relationship work and if you feel like you're getting te raw end, it's ok to take a step back. Your family will always be here (and cut Rita some slack she's just doing what all big sisters do...care) ;) congrats on the 98!! Can't wait to hear about the full halfmoon festival thingy, sounds fun. Keep the pics coming. Mucho Love my Taiwanese Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha you say that like you don''t know her... that worry wort.

    Thanks, my 98 made me quite happy.

    p.s. you've got mail ;)

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥