Saturday, July 9, 2011

name

ello all
it's me!


funny thing
When I went to buy my Saturday morning breakfast
(just a ham egg sandwich)
my usual sandwich lady asks for my name


I tell her
我叫艾俐
(my name is Aili)
she goes
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
很漂亮!
(that's pretty)
then tell her
我姓
(my last name is Chou)
she goes
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
你叫周艾俐
...
你的英問名子
(what's your real name?!)

In my head
forehead/palm

I tell her
Oh, Alicia
(it's pronounced, Ah-lee-sha even though it looks like Ah-Lee-see-ya)

she goes
ohhhhhhhhhhhh,我要叫你
AH-LEE-SAh
那,更好!
(that's better)
比較漂亮
(it's prettier)

in my head
forehead/palm
that's not even my name
it sound's nice but it's not my name

but I say instead...
OH, 都可以
(telling her she can call me whichever)
I thank her for my sandwich
and I'm on my way home.




so that's my ditty for today.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... something about the "SH" sound that no one can seem to pronounce. lol

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥