Wednesday, April 28, 2010

time...

This is it people... this is the beginning of the countdown... 61 days and counting yall!

I need to add one of those countdown thingies to my blog.

Thinking about the time I have left has brought up some very difficult things that I'll have to deal with very soon...

first and foremost... leaving my DADDY =(
which is probably the worst of all of this.

leaving my family and friends...
second worst of all of this.

but all this thinking has got me wondering exactly what am I leaving behind.

I'm giving up my family, my friends, my home, everything I've known... even my last name... I know it sounds like whining and complaining but it's actually true.

We're getting the release of my last name notarized tomorrow. On Thursday my mom and I are submitting my application for my Taiwanese passport.

Once I get to Taiwan and apply for my citizenship the official-ness of no longer using Garcia will be well... official.

...

I've spent some time in the attic clearing an area for storing my stuff... I've even started to haul stuff up there... yeah, I'm sore.

I've also gone through my shoes and I've narrowed it down to 19 pairs (plus the four I forgot i had stored in my closet... look I'm going to need my rain boots... and my caramel colored riding boots... and my mid calf black boots... the hiking boots I'm debating about...)
I KNOW I KNOW... I can't take them ALL with me... but I'll try my damnedest

I've sorted through my clothes and separated things to donate to the Goodwill/Salvation Army
some of them I literally had to cut up so i wouldn't try to take them with me... I KNOW I don't need 5 black camis, 3 white tees, or 6 v neck shirts all of different colors.

Folks... I am making progress, I promise.
The downside to the new focus of packing is that my self teaching Chinese is almost at a standstill... I'm pretty sure I've got the first 30ish or so radicals.

Well its 2 in the morning... I think that's time for me to go to bed but I DID promise a more lengthy blog soon and I kinda failed on that... so hope you enjoy... I'll try and perk it up more next time.

love yall

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetness, I'm sure you are dealing with so much but just look at how much stronger you are! Everytime I second guess moving to New Jersy (or the possibility of it) I get scared and say to myself, "What about my family and friends?" "My church?" "My this, or that...". Everytime I read your blog I become so sure of what His plan is for my life because of YOUR strength!! I guess this means that I won't be seeing you before you go? BUT Once you get settled in and I have made some actual money, I'm coming to see my little sissy! I love you so much and couldn't be more proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SISSY!
    I'm still trying to work everything out with trying to come out and see you. I couldn't very well leave the country without seeing YOU. (But I am going to hold you to a visit once you're all settled)

    And as far as encouragement and strength... I'm only trying to return the favor.

    I love you today and everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jen, you are really strong and independent. YOU CAN DO IT! :D and as I always said you can always go to my grandparents/family in Taiwan.. I know it's awkward but they are super super nice people :).. and don't worry about Uncle Johnny... since we moved to THIS side of the bay it's cheaper to go see him d: we'll make sure he's okay... you probably need to teach him how to use email.. so you can write to each others or just have your mom rite it for him. ^^

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥