Tuesday, March 30, 2010

frustrated... steam is practically coming out of my ears

First we were leaving in March... no

then August... no

then July... no

then June... YES then no

then back to August... then no again...

Currently it's back to June (the 24th ish). For the sake of my sanity I hope it stays that way.


My mom's been in contact with her family in Taiwan and it seems every time she gets off the phone she's more excited and more nervous about the trip. She's worried that I won't get my paper work done and have to come home in three months. She's wondering if she should go to Taiwan with her Taiwanese passport or her American one. She's worried I won't find a job or a place to live.

She has all these questions and most of them can be answered by a phone call or visit to the consulate in SF... but she's just sitting on her thumbs saying she doesn't have time or has too much work. Well I'm gonna make her go with me next week when she has spring break.

As far as not having a place to live or a job those are problems I can't tackle until I get there (and so I've been avoiding them since I don't need the added stress). SInce talking to her family, some of them were nice enough to offer us a place to stay for a day or two. Although it does make me feel a bit better that we will be welcomed by my family in Taiwan I would like to do this mostly on my own. (Although I must admit that I'm very lucky to have my mom with me to help me get acclimated.)






Recently I've been hanging out with my friends Grace and Mel like A LOT... and I love it... even though they're both in denial about me leaving I feel that they're the only ones taking advantage of the time I have left here...

this is not a news flash people--- I broke the news a hot minute ago...
I'M LEAVE THE COUNTRY IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS... I won't be back for a long long long time...

I know that I'm not the center of everyone else's lives... well I'm the center of mine... but thats besides the point. Honestly I'm a little hurt that I have to chase after people to hang out with me before I leave... and I don't think its fair for yall to wait for me to have my goodbye party to see me... because if that's the case I might as well save my money and not have one.


UGH I seriously think my blogs are becoming more and more uninspiring, discouraging, and worst of all... faithless (I don't know if those are quite the right words but thats how I'm feeling)...

4 comments:

  1. Wait, you're leaving?! WHEN WERE YOU PLANNING ON TELLING ME?!?!?!?! :P

    In the end, you will be in Taiwan and your life will be full of inspiration and satisfaction. I wish you all the luck there and I know for a fact you will succeed and I'll come visit with Mel one day and we'll have a grand time :D

    P.S. I'm still in denial about you leaving...only will I believe it's true when I'm there at the airport sending you off :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you could use a visit up here. Mom's got insights into moving to another country (with two little kids, no less) and I know she'd love to see you (us too!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alicia, it's been a while since I've seen you :(!!

    And yes, I am guilty as of one of those ppl not taking the advantage to hang out with you (before you leave) ><. I still have yet to get to know you better!!! Okay, maybe I'll crash one of your sleepovers like Nightingale mentioned to me last time I saw her...and also meet Melanie (sp?) who keeps calling me Orphan Annie? o_o;; lol..but yes, I would def. like to hang out (I have a lot of time this quarter) xD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah Annie I miss you immensely!

    Melanie gives everyone famous peoples names... mine is Alicia Keys =)

    Don't feel bad, I was just having my pity party for a second but thats all going to change. I need to make my self available to people and meet them half way.

    Speaking of hanging out... maybe i can get everybody out to where you're at? Castro bowl maybe??? or theres an Ice Creamery down the street thats really good... ohhh or while we're out there... CHEESECAKE FACTORY... ok ok im getting ahead of myself.. i just get all excited ::hugs:: we'll talk/text soon!

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥