Saturday, March 6, 2010

nothings change since yesterday...

Haha so that's pretty much self explanatory... I haven't added a word of Chinese to my vocabulary =/ but I am reading The Rough Guide to Taiwan, by Rough Guides, about my future home. I must say that I have learned some very interesting things (however this book has been written by a Brit or at least someone who says "expats," "flats," and uses shit like Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.)

  • We HAD the tallest building in the world, standing at 1,671 ft. tall (or 509m). Yup, until Dubai built one almost twice at tall at effin 2,717 ft. tall... yeah.. that's one tall building.
  • Taiwan is bigger than Belgium
  • We're bisected by the Tropic of Cancer
  • Half of Taiwan is covered by mountains
  • We are not a communist country... we've got a president and everything!
  • Our main exports are electronics (is that really a surprise??? well actually you'd think it would be clothes or something coming out of a sweatshop.) 75% of the world's laptops and 40% of its LCD screens... yup =)
  • Unless you're in a mixed gender hot spring... you are EXPECTED to be naked... um not this expat, that's for damn sure.
  • When the weather is just right... surfing can be pretty AWESOME!

I'm still reading a learning a lot about Taiwan... I'm just going to pretend that that counts for something... amidst my other attempts.

Time for bed... it's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥