Sunday, March 14, 2010

li ho...

I've started to learn Mandarin! Yay me =)

I've learned how to say 'hi' and 'my name is...' in Taiwanese. In Mandarin I learned how to say 'how much' and 'how do I get to...'

Ok so I haven't really learned all that much but it's a start! I think my goal is to memorize the traditional radicals... some of them are super easy and some are hard but there are 214 of them so I need to get crackin!

The other thing that I've learned is that I have a man's name! ugh SMH... seriously? My mom gave me my manly name on purpose too!!! *sigh*
She says that my grandfather gave her an ambiguous name too.. and a name with only a single character... weird, right? So she's given me and my sister names that were also ambiguous and very strong... but everyone says that my name is TOO strong. It also doesn't help that I was born in the year of the tiger. I don't think my mom really wants to change my name. I have to decide before I leave what I want my name to be because once I get there thats when I'll start to sign my Chinese name =D.

I guess on a funny note my Grandma told me that while I'm there... I should find myself a husband.

2 comments:

  1. What you really need to learn: where is the bathroom? LOL! I think you'll pick it up really fast once you get there. After all, you were speaking Chinese when you were a little kid. It's just buried in your brain somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the vote of confidence cuz!

    I need to come up there soon and hang out with yall. And you're probably right... it's all just hiding somewhere in my noggin.

    ♥YOU

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥