Wednesday, November 3, 2010

hey hi hello, how ya doin?! (Part I)

as promised… a post! Woot woot!

letsee there's actually a bunch of stuff I need to catch y'all up on.  I know it seems mildly stupid but there will be 2 posts… this one kinda what I’ve been doing… and the other kinda how I’ve been feeling… (and if you wanna get real specific… then I guess you can count the Birthday shout to my sister as a 3rd….)- I think it might be easier to read if I split it up that way.

first
my friend Mabel (we were floor-mates at UCSC back in '04) is studying abroad in Hong Kong. well in all the places she could have went to, or really the only place she hasnt visited yet hahah that ladys git hella stamps in her passport now! well i digress she decided that one of them would be Taiwan. I was so excited to have her come here. 

the closer the date came the more I worried i became about what we would do. It kinda got off to a rocky start since I was late picking her up from the airport due to the typhoon and the heavy traffic… THEN oh my goshness… my housemate AND her mom tried to kick her out… I was SO embarrassed since I told them a month prior Mabes was coming…

When we were sitting at the table eating or something my housemate says “Oh it’s so late… you go home.” palm/forehead… ugh seriously… I’m almost sure I blushed…
Then laters I was about to hop in the shower when I hear her Mom say “Go home” I was like WHAT?!?! Ughhhhhh palm/forehead and I can hear poor Mabel trying to make her understand that she’s studying in HK and is here visiting so she couldn’t possibly go home. I had to stick my head out of the door and shoo her away.

SOOOOOOOO EMBARASSED and kinda really upset… like seriously? Who the hell tries to kick someone else’s guest out?!?!?!

Moving on… since Taiwan isn't the biggest tourist destination in the world there aren't a lot of tourist attractions to go to. The only real interesting thing to do here is EAT and that my friends is EXACTLY what we did hahahhahahah x a million. 

I mean did other things (sorta) we took the gondola ride all the way up to Maokong






and I took her to Danshui (to eat
小吃)


and to ximending (to eat TW oyster noodles)


and to Costco (to eat the Peking Duck pizza)


and we went to Daiso to get some 39NT noodles and wound up buying hella shiz hahah

and for the last hoo-rah we went the top of Taipei 101 to the observatory deck



and during the in between  time we went on a mad hunt to find a 'I ♥ TW' t-shirt. but they weren't like the regular ones sooooooo we had to give up =\ eh it happens. but if I find one I'll send it to her. 

well that was Mabes weekend trip in a nutshell (Oct.21-25)













Second
Halloween Weekend

I was pretty much anti-Halloween as you can get. It’s just not a big thing here and of course there are parties around Taipei for the foreigners who want to celebrate but I opted out. I went to spend the weekend with my uncle in Taoyuan instead… and it was probably what I needed, a break from Taipei and a chill relaxing weekend with family. We pretty much just ate the entire time and on Sunday my uncle taught me how to type in Chinese… so YAY maybe you’ll start to see it pop up here and there from now on… but no need to hit the SAP button folks… anything I type in Chinese will be translated for your convenience ;)

Third
School…. Ahhh school… school eh it’s going ok… when we first started our class was moving SO fast and was ahead of almost every other class… and now? Our pace has slipped… I think it’s just not clicking for some of my classmates… and its extra extra difficult because everyone in class still prefers to speak in English so our class may be getting the writing and grammar down but is having a real tough time speaking…

As for me… the last 2 test I’ve gotten 88’s and it makes me hella mad thinking about it… (well I just took another test today so we’ll see how I do on this one)

I know I effed up the last one because my brain wouldn’t let go of my English grammar… which is kinda surprising since I think my grammar is incorrect 80% of the time…


I mean for goodness sake when I took the placement exam for UCSC’s writing class… they told me that English was my second language because of my poor grammar….. hahhahahhahaha


So I thinks that’s it for the doing part…

Hmmm sudden craving for sugar cane juice… yummo… might have to make a trip to the night market soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥