Saturday, October 9, 2010

As of lately...10.9

加油

Literal translation: add oil.

Meaning: fighting! keep going! charge!

PinYin: jia you!

REAL pronunciation: jyah yo!

Weird? Yes.

So it's my full intention to keep 加油ing, hahahah 

I've decided to stick with school for at least a year.

I am also giving serious thought to the idea of doing my masters here. The way I see it... I'm going to have to be here for my citizenship anyway, education here is really REALLY affordable, and hopefully having my masters will (crossing my fingers here) will give me a leg up for when I go back to the states (and add the fact that I will be speaking Chinese, again, hopefully). ~ The only things is that I don't know what I would like to study. But I am at least thinking about it. ;)

My family is STiLL amazing... they took me out for a steak dinner the other night... AHmazing hahaha although by the time I finished I was in a full on food coma. I was still tired the next day... it was greeeat. =D 
So at dinner my cousin asked me about the room mate situation and I tried to explain that I might be moving when the rental contract it up even though I really like the house and neighborhood and whatnot. I tried to explain that I am just her tenant and she's not my mom... I mean even my Mom trusts me more than to require me to tell her my whereabouts n what not. 
But any who what made me so very happy is that Soo Ching immediately went into Big Brother mode and was like "WHY? Where are you goin? What are you doin? Who are you with? Do you come home late? Don't make me worry." ahhhh so cute... Then he asked me a question that made me want to cry. He asked me how I was and if I was happy here... and it all just made me really happy.

I haven't been up to Badu to see Ama since the Moon festival so I think I should check when the next time the twins are heading up so I can have some company.

Hopefully I'll be able to see the girls in Badu too. 

I sincerely think the day I can have a whole conversion [with them] in Chinese I will be so happy I'll probably cry. 


Hmmm if you've been to the FB page you should see that I have been going out with my classmates... they're all pretty cool.

There are 5 Japanese girls, 2 from Palau, 1 from Russia, theres me of course and our one and ONLY guy is from Guatamala.
It's a pretty fun class... we laugh all the time... we all work really hard... and the class is moving at an incredible pace. 
Class is going to end at the end of November.  Two weeks prior we have our Proficiency Exams so we'll see how I do. 
I finally got 100 on my Lesson 3 test... but a couple other people got 100's so mines didn't feel so special... hahahha
And the big news for next quarter is that I'm actually going to try and test my way into the intensive course. 


OH before I forget... tomorrow is 10/10 Taiwan's Independence day... we're in our 99th year or something like that.... so next years celebration is going to be the biznisssssssss woot woot CENTENIAL. ch ch che chyeah buddy. 

I'm actually blogging right now cuz I'm putting off studying for my Lesson 4 test. So I should get back to it I guess... le sigh. But next time I'll have to tell you about the club scene here... kinda crazy... like I've lived in Santa Cruz and it's a party school and I've been to bars and clubs but here... its something else entirely.

ily ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥