Saturday, August 14, 2010

i think so... or maybe thats it

Not to get on a whole psychology trip... but I think I'm suppressing all my stress...


And how would I know that?

  • Well the last time my hair fell out at THIS rate... I was taking 22 units/qtr, working 17 hrs, commuting for 2, and oh yeah Dad was in the hospital...

  • I've had both dreams and nightmares EVERY night... have yet to have a restful nights sleep

  • um not to mention that often times takes it around 2 hours to even fall asleep...

    and the worst of it all???

  • I don't even really have a desire to leave my room... I've spent a couple of days where I didn't even leave my house... OK so part of THAT is because of the heat and me being allergic to it and all (if you don't believe that I'm allergic to the heat... go ask my dermatologist.)
Seriously guys... I could be mildly going nuts over here... maybe that's it. And don't tell me that I'm homesick... I've never been homesick in MY LiFE... no seriously... I haven't.

Maybe its just me not used to being lonely. I've never had a problem calling someone up and making plans to do something and here? I'm living in Lonerville population ME... and we all know I don't normally have a problem making friends... but people here are literally scared to talk to me. So this is new territory for me.. and maybe that's it.


wooo sahhhh.... and moving on...



SO kinda late but I GOT INTO MTC! yay me =) Registration is at the end of this month, orientation is Sept. 3 and classes start on the 6th. I'm really excited about school... and everyone says that I'm sure to make friends there but my apprehension about making friends at MTC is that some of these kids are gonna be here for a year or less. =/

I'm kinda banking on MTC to really get me started with my Chinese... I think I keep retarding my learning by listening to American music every second of my life... but ya know the music scene here aint all that hot... (opinion yall... don't get all butt hurt)...

well I partially take that back, my cousins band Staycool (www.staycoolmusic.com) is pretty awesome..
. they've got a indie folk pop kinda feel...easy listening... its like your favorite sweater on cold rainy day
(which btw does not exist here... its hot when it rains and its hot when it doesn't... good thing about it??? wet feet aint so bad hahahaha)


anywho... I digress... back to the matter at hand... I guess there is no "matter" but whatev

Since I've been hiding out in my room that means I've been taking a break from exploring the city. I do know my basics though... I know how to get to Auntie Amy's/Uncle Vincent's (same bus stop), I know how to get to Badu (Ama's house) and Keelung, I know how to get to my school, I know how to get to Taipei 101 and the Eslite bookstore, I know how to get to Ikea, I know how to get to my banks... and pretty much anywhere near an MRT (subway/metro
) station.

Tomorrow I will try to finish sending off my resumes to jobs and then get my patootie out of the house... maybe a nice MRT ride up to Danshui, maybe take a walk over to the library, or head over to Ximen (it's suppose to be the fashion district over here)...

but first I'd have to go to sleep... its already a quarter to 2 and I'm not even tired ... le sigh

good morning......

1 comment:

  1. Alicia! I so know what you mean. When I first moved to LA, I was unemployed and stressed and all emotional. It was also ridiculously hot. All I did pretty much was read books or watch dvds from the library and never sleep til like 5am! But slowly things came together. It may not help much but I think it's all totally normal. Just remember you have done such a brave thing! Just the experience of living in another country and learning a language and a culture is accomplishment enough! I think once the school thing starts up and you begin working, you will meet lots more ppl and get into a groove. Keep your head up and acknowledge your greatness love!

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥