Sunday, August 15, 2010

bajeeebus yall...

Damn I'm hella glad no one else attended that pity party for me on the last entry... I wont delete it though.

I really don't have it so bad... I'm just not used to being out of my element. Even though I was only working at a restaurant back home I didn't feel so listless. Here, I feel kinda like plankton. Yup plankton... look it up... it basically means floater/drifter. Truthfully, I've never not had a direction. That was up until graduation... Maybe its not Taiwan that's making me feel this way. Maybe I've felt this way and Taiwan just shook me awake.

The suckosity that is our recession in the states have left new graduates such as myself with very little hope of, well that's just it... it's left us with very little hope...So what did I do? hahahahah I bought a one way ticket to Taiwan... and of all the things I've learned the most important is that with or without you life goes on... so you better get a move on.

Its easy to forget that I'm living my adventure when I'm so stressed out but no more... I declare that the end.

I'm looking forward to my interview tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I still have to head up to Badu for dinner with Ama. It's supposedly Chinese Valentine's day??? Idk I'm not with any body so my uncle told me to go eat with Ama ahahahhaha.

I sent out a bunch of emails with my resume the past couple of days so hopefully now that the weekend is over I might get some responses.

hmmm anything else??? have I told you about the 7-Eleven's here??? OH EM GEE ahahahah you can LIVE (and I do mean that literally) out of a 7... You can pay your phone bill or parking tickets or EVEN YOUR TAXES at 7-Eleven! They have REAL food and they'll heat it up for you n everything... Iono if everyone knows or like Sarsaparilla but folks love it here and they even have it in Slush-e form... yeah... yummmo.

Everyone in my neighborhood is getting used to seeing me around. The vendors down the street have been more willing to help me out. I found this delicious noodle house (it's SUPPOSE to be pho but yeah, NO) its still good... it reminds me of my fave noodle soup at Champa Garden (mmm hmmm Arthur you know what I'm talking bout). The folks who work at Coco (its like Tap Ex/Quickly) already know what I like. hahaha oh boy.

[Ummm completely unrelated to Goneandsaidit biznassss- Rita! pay attention ok sister?! I was thinking of doing some basic hair/makeup/product tutorials via YouTube... This way you can rewind and watch how I do my face n whatnot and I wont get all frustrated trying to teach ya. hahahhahah jk jk no but seriously... its just a thought... if you want me to do it just email me kthx]


I feel like I haven't really been reporting on things like I should but I don't really know what any of you would like for me to talk about... so comment. AND DON'T FORGET pictures and videos and random updates will be on facebook.com/goneandsaidit

4 comments:

  1. I remember eating at the delicious Champa Garden after doing those stairs. We had to race inside because it was starting to pour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhahah Arthur I love how we always stuffed our faces after working out =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, let me just praise you for pointing out the obvious about college graduates!! It's so hard out here!! I hope things get better (atleast a little bit) by the time I graduate. You're very lucky to have moved on & literally go places with your life. Most people are not willing to just buy a one way ticket to a country. Major, major props to you!! All that mushy gushy emotions you're going through will eventually disappear, it just takes some time.. (yes, I know that sounds corny but it's true)..I am glad & excited for you knowing that you got into that Chinese school! Congrats & I hope the best for you!

    Let me just say, Champa Garden is HELLA good! I have not been there in a while, after reading this blog, it just makes me want to go there later this week lol.

    I'm sad that Coco knows what you like..*tear*.. I used to be the one who knew what you liked*tear*.. lol

    Anywho! I would love to visit you in the year 2011.. like spring break hopefully.. after i save up for the freaking round trip ticket lol. I'd love for you to show me all the places you know of over thereee!!

    Until your next blog,
    Duckyyy <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie! Great post. As for what I'd like to see??? I'd say including a bit more of your cult-anthro abilities. If this makes sense, I mean like you say, ppl are getting used to you and trying to help you out more. Why do u think they weren't jumping to help before? What's the vibe like there compared to home? what you admire, etc. I pretty much wanna live vicariously through you! lol. I will say, I love your honesty and you are really upfront which I LOVE! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥