Thursday, February 25, 2010

two steps foward... one step back

Welcome to my first official blog! yay me! (ps thanks in advance for reading)

Well if you're here reading this then I assume that you now know that I have made the decision to move to Taiwan. I know that it seems as though this has come out of the blue but I have wanted to move there for a long time. I really want to go and explore that side of my family and learn the language and just live somewhere else for a while. (This should go without saying that I will miss everyone here very VERY much.)

Rita's super excited and surprisingly Pops is 100% supportive of the move. If I'm not mistaken I believe he's telling everybody it was his idea... and i suppose as long as he's willingly letting me go I'll even let him believe that. =) My mom and I had planned to leave at the end of next March(which would coincide with her Spring Break vacation). Yes, I know that that is about a month away! I know right??? Since the decision has been made my brain has been trying to mentally pack and organize my life and thoughts in preparation for the month ahead.

but....I hit a little roadblock today... named Mom.
Out of the blue she had decided (after I put in my notice at work and after i told a gazillion people that I'm leaving the country in month) to tell me that it might not be the best idea for me to go to Taiwan... uggggghhhh SMH
After talking to her... we've made the decision to wait until the summer (JULY/AUGUST) to take the trip... She's going to give up teaching summer school this year to take off the extra time just in case we hit a couple bumps in getting me settled. (alicia=very appreciative)

Tomorrow I plan to call the consulate for advice on Visas and the Dual Citizenship process... keep your fingers crossed that it'll be a smooth transition. Hopefully after I talk to the consulate I'll be able to set a firm date for departure and buy my ticket!

I will try to update this blog as much as I can... even if its just to tell yall that I've made the tough decision to leave my glee magnets here in the states.

love yall!

6 comments:

  1. as crazy as that sounds, i'm happy that you are taking this opportunity to go and learn! looking forward to your updates, and we should hang out before you leave. -Kevin La

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for setting up your blog!

    On the bright side about your delay, you won't have to rush through packing, saying goodbyes, etc. and you can better prepare yourself for the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WON'T YOU STAYYYY
    JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGERRRRR
    WE WANNA PLAYYYYY
    JUST A LITTLE BE LONGERRRR
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, ok... I'll admit. I'm an emotional wreck! LOL I love you so much and am so very proud of you. You are a great inspiration (as well as Miss Rita). You guys never let anything stand in your way. Your brother was the same way and I'm sure he is VERY proud of you right now. I think waiting until the summer so that your Mom can go with you is an excellent idea. I am looking forward to reading about your journey. I love you Alicia! <3 Big Hugs! MUAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ally, i am so excited we are going to be on the same side of the world! lol...its going to be great! now i'm even more excited to move to china!! love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia, you're beyond amazing! Sings, "You can do whatever you likeeeee." ;) This is gonna be one great adventure you're gonna be living. I'm so in awe of you for being such a strong independent woman for making this move. I know for sure I couldnt do it. You're a lot braver then I am. haha. Anyway, I'M UBER EXCITED that you're leaving in July/August cuz now we have more time to say goodbye, yes I'm that selfish, I want you to stay in the states as long as possible. haha.

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥