Friday, February 26, 2010

Passports, Visas, and documentation... oh my!

So it turns out that my mom will be able to renew her Taiwanese passport without a hitch. But life is never that easy on me. The consulate is making me apply for a Travelers Visa. The only problem is that there's all these things I have to bring to the consulate next Saturday

  • 2 passport photos
  • my American passport
  • $131 bucks
  • my Itinerary (which includes a return ticket!!!)
  • and a copy of my bank statement (I think it's weird but whatever)
but thats not all... I can start the paper work and get my visa but if I want to apply for dual citizenship I'll have to do that once I get to Taiwan... I guess its better than nothing and it's at least a step in the right direction. *thumbs up* woot woot

There's no real update other than the aforementioned but I must mention that my sister Jennifer's comment on my first post made me cry (happy tears of course) and put the biggest smile in my heart which made my day... and my friend Kristin Hara had to Google Taiwan... and that made my night =)

3 comments:

  1. ooh this reminds me of when I had to get my China visa last summer..so much money ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. and its such a random number to... not $130... but $131!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahh so random lol!! But it's all worth it in the end:) Loved touring China, except the part being 90+degrees &70% humidity x_x haha. But sad we didn't visit Taiwan :( Maybe I'll drag Grace with me to visit you hehehe. Well I hope all things will fall through for you^-^ As Koreans say...FIGHTING!!!

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥