Saturday, July 9, 2011

name

ello all
it's me!


funny thing
When I went to buy my Saturday morning breakfast
(just a ham egg sandwich)
my usual sandwich lady asks for my name


I tell her
我叫艾俐
(my name is Aili)
she goes
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
很漂亮!
(that's pretty)
then tell her
我姓周
(my last name is Chou)
she goes
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
你叫周艾俐
...
那
你的英問名子
(what's your real name?!)

In my head
forehead/palm

I tell her
Oh, Alicia
(it's pronounced, Ah-lee-sha even though it looks like Ah-Lee-see-ya)

she goes
ohhhhhhhhhhhh,我要叫你
AH-LEE-SAh
那,更好!
(that's better)
比較漂亮
(it's prettier)

in my head
forehead/palm
that's not even my name
it sound's nice but it's not my name

but I say instead...
OH, 都可以
(telling her she can call me whichever)
I thank her for my sandwich
and I'm on my way home.




so that's my ditty for today.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... something about the "SH" sound that no one can seem to pronounce. lol

    ReplyDelete

So, This is me...

My photo
I love my family, my friends, food, music, books, and chocolate... that's pretty much it! ♥